Wednesday 15 January 2014

Unexpected Result!

This week I thought I'd try a little experiment with my other blog www.craftuk.blogspot.co.uk to see if it was possible to link a few of my online activities together,

Firstly I wrote a tutorial on making soap socks. At the end of the tutorial I mentioned that you could also buy them from my Etsy shop if you really couldn't be bothered to make them.

My soap sock
I then pinned the above photo of the finished soap sock onto my pinterest which also links to my Etsy shop... you get where this is going, right?

As I don't use Facebook (although I am considering it for business purposes) I posted one single tweet about the free tutorial onto Twitter (@ttwolittlewordz if you want to follow me). Then I forgot I'd done any of it, and spent a while dreaming about the day I own my Thruxton...


http://www.motographite.com/2012/11/triumph-thruxton-black-prince.html
Photo courtesy of Motographite
Then something unexpected happened... I sold 3 soap socks through my Etsy shop! Now the profit margin isn't huge but there is profit. It also proves to me that social media might not be just the latest waste of time!
If you are crafty (in the creative way, not the sly way) then why don't you write me a tutorial for something you make? I'll feature it on my craft blog with links to your chosen web site and credit for the article. It could take you a few pounds closer to reaching your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment