Wednesday 15 January 2014

Slow start to 2014

This year seems to have go off to a bit of a slow start when it comes to money making. I just haven't had the time to be doing much other than my day-job, but I have had a little 'me time' and visited some close friends where we talked about how saving money in the everyday living can be just as beneficial as making a little bit extra.

It got me thinking that if I really looked at where I'm spending money day to day I might be able to cut back and free up a little more cash. One area I know I spend too much is the kitchen - I don't plan meals in advance so often have to take the 7 mile trip to town to buy just one ingredient or even ready meals as I'm too tired to cook from scratch. God knows what this is doing to our insides, never mind our bank balance!

They taste ok but at what cost?
So I'm going to start planning our meals and cooking double sized batches to save time and money. I figure we'll be eating better for less and it should save me time. I'm going to buy a sack of potatoes from the farm and make sure they are used before they go bad!

I'll be looking out some frugal recipes and posting the results on here. If you know of any please let me know. I'm also going to make good use of our chickens eggs this coming year (when they eventually start laying again) and have plans for tasty quiches, French toast (eggy bread) and baked custard tarts.

I mentioned before that I want to plant a vegetable garden and have decided that garden peas, carrots and some sort of onion would benefit us most so that's on the 'To Do' list for as soon as this daily rain stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment