Saturday 26 April 2014

Bunny Money... or Farming For Beginners.

It's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd give a quick update! My paypal account has almost £500 in it from sales on ebay of junk found at auction, things I've refurbished and die cut paper embellishments. I particularly loved these tiger print tables that I bought for £10 and sold for £45 after some painting...

Funky Tiger Print Tables
I've got another set of the tables to use but they cost me £20 so I'm not expecting such a great mark-up on them... might do a zebra print next?

I have also bought a candy floss machine that I hope to hire out to local weddings and parties. For now though, we've had great fun in trying to find the perfect method! I've also been designing a web site to go with it and bought the domain name 'candy magic', and now I have to work out how to point it at the actual site I've designed using a free Wix template.

Jess with her candyfloss

The most recent venture I've embarked on is small scale rabbit farming. 'Farming' is probably pushing it a bit far actually, I have 3 doe rabbits and 2 bucks (one standard size and one mini lop). I'm in the process of setting up hutches from begged and borrowed bits of wood.

My beautiful Californian doe might be pregnant already to a huge blue boy so I've got to get a wiggle on and have her somewhere she can settle down and make a nest - at the minute she's sharing a wendy house and keeps escaping into the garden!

I've to keep an eye to see that I don't spend more on food and bedding etc than I can possibly make selling babies. I also have to be careful not to over-breed and end up with rabbits that I can't sell.

I'm sure that many people won't like that I'm keeping animals primarily to make money from them but they will all be well cared for pets and will be tamer and cheaper than those bought from pet shops. They were also all 'rescue' rabbits so I'm giving them a second chance (not to mention that they were either free or very well priced for their quality).


Dennis Hopper
This is Mark's 'special boy', Dennis Hopper the house rabbit. He love cuddles, cream crackers and chasing the dog around the room (I wish I knew how to upload video as it's hilarious!).



No comments:

Post a Comment